1px spacer
1px spacer Enterprise logo

Complaint Form

1px spacer

Submit a Complaint

Reporting COVID-19 Cases

If you are a facility administrator or supervisor who needs to report a cluster of cases at your workplace, please visit www.redcap.link/covidreport. Do not use the complaint form below.
If you are not a facility administrator or would like to report anonymously, please complete the complaint form below.

Common Complaints

Health inspectors investigate businesses such as restaurants, food trucks, apartment buildings, hotels to theatres, swimming pools, water wells, landfills and more.

Common conditions to report are:

  • COVID-19 related (such as business not adhering to Health Officer Orders or reopening protocols) *
  • Problems at a restaurant or food market
  • Rodent problems at a property
  • Sewage or wastewater discharge at a property
  • No water at a property
  • Accumulated trash or debris at a property
  • Noise Complaints
  • Rental properties that are not maintained
  • Mosquito breeding or swimming pools that are not maintained
  • Lead exposure hazards (from lead-based paints, etc.)
  • Mold in rental housing units
  • Unpermitted Food Vendors
  • Problems at body art and permanent make-up operations

* Due to the increased number of complaints regarding Health Officer Order (HOO) violations received by our Department, we may not be able to conduct a field investigation for all complaints at this time. During this peak surge period of the pandemic and recognizing the challenges it presents, as we work together to stem the spread of COVID-19, we will prioritize complaints of greatest urgency and potential impact regarding violations of the HOO. We will continue to make every effort to respond to as many complaints as possible. The Health Officer Order along with other valuable tools can be accessed at our Department's website at http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/media/coronavirus/

Submit Complaint Online

  1. Complete all fields below. Asterisks (*) indicate required fields.
    • Covid-19 complaints are accepted
    • Anonymous reports are accepted
    • Include your contact information to receive a reply. We may contact you with follow up questions to address your complaint.
  2. Click on the SUBMIT button to send your complaint.

Telephone complaints Environmental Health Customer Call Center at (888) 700-9995 Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., excluding Holidays.

Report Foodborne Illness online or call the Morbidity Unit at (213) 240-7821 (Mon-Fri, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.).

Description of Complaint

Location of complaint


Acceptable file formats: Any image file or PDF
Maximum upload size allowed is 4MB

Your Information

Your identity as the complainant will be held confidential to the extent permitted by law